Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Clean Up On Row 7, Please!

4:45 AM - I'm awakened suddenly by a screaming child who twenty minutes later proceeded to projectile vomit all over me and my bed, narrowly missing my husband. And we're not talking a trickle - we're talking a geyser! (Sorry if that's too much information for some of you.)

Pass the barf bags - clean up on row seven, please!

Needless to say, this is not the way I anticipated my morning going. With this ill-planned interruption to my precious sleep, I did not get up at the planned time, and therefore, my whole morning was thrown off kilter. Ahhh! What a way to knock me back into stress mode - I mean, how am I supposed to learn to fly if I don't even have time to read the manual?

Where is the flight attendant? Co-pilot? Anyone? Ick!

I proceed to get cleaned up and move on with my day, rearranging priorities and reorganizing plans. This is not my day. As I sat down to do some Bible reading, I was feeling sorry for myself. I began to read in Luke 11. Jesus asks, "Which one of you, if your son ask for a fish will give him a scorpion? Or if he asks for bread will give him a stone?" In the same way, your father in heaven knows what you need before you ask him. (good, because I was needing something this morning) How much more will your Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask......Wait a minute - Rewind......I've always heard that passage paraphrased as "If you as parents give your kids good gifts, you know your heavenly father gives you good gifts too."

Apparently, this good gift is the greatest giver - that of the Holy Spirit. Wow! What a realization!

Lord, help me to be more focused on the giver then the gifts!

And by his grace, this "puky" day was turned around for His Glory!

Picture of the Day


New Recipe Wednesday! Tortellini with Gorgonzola and walnut sauce. (Thank you, Rachael Ray!)
1 pkg 12-16oz family size tortellini (prepare according to package directions)
1 Cup Chicken Broth
8 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
Dash of salt and pepper
1 Cup chopped toasted walnuts

While tortellini is cooking, heat chicken broth, cheese, salt and pepper over medium heat. Simmer until cheese melted - about 2 minutes. Toss sauce, tortellini, and walnuts together - serve hot! 

I used spinach tortellini instead of the classic...Jared said it was a keeper!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment