Friday, September 28, 2012

Let it Begin in Me



I returned from True Woman '12 nearly one week ago, now. It has taken me this long to really process all of what I have been learning and that which God is working on my heart.

I guess growing up in Life Action Ministries, I had always been surrounded by the thought of national revival, and it many ways, I grew numb and complacent to the whole idea. Why did God need me to call on Him anyway? He was God...He could move anytime he wanted - whether I was asking him to or not. Having been out of the ministry "officially" now for 5 or so years, the idea of praying for revival was a bygone one, and when I saw the One Cry video again at True Woman, I subconsciously rolled my eyes and waited for Byron and Bill to get up and share. What I didn't expect is what happened next: God pricked my heart. "Hannah, what if you are the one I am waiting on to call out to me?"

For so long, I had bought into the lie that "I am only one." The truth is, I AM ONE, and God wants this one calling out to him for personal and corporate revival.

Now, when I say revival, I don't mean the emotional high of a spirit lead worship service then everyone going back to their own lives. I'm talking repentance, getting right with God, right relationships, renewal, passion, vigor, evangelism, ministry, service to our neighbors and strangers, caring for the poor, the invalids, the weak....being the face of Jesus to those we see every moment and every day. And that doesn't just happen overnight.  And that doesn't ever happen in our own strength. We need a supernatural visitation from our Supernatural God!

So I came home, I got back into life. I kept crying out to God for a change in my own life - and I'm seeing change - change in how I relate to my husband, change in how I treat my boys, change in how I view my God, change in how I see those I encounter at the store and on the street. I thought that was it. I obeyed, right?

Sure, but God was ready for me to take it a step further. Guess what? I still had an argument....God, I can't commit to a weekly Bible study. I cannot even regularly have people over to my home to pray because our family lives a rotational schedule. How am I supposed to ever be involved in seeking you with others?

"TECHNOLOGY and MY SPIRIT." That's what he said. Think of all the current avenues we have to communicate and encourage one another - even sharing personal testimony. Our God is an omnipresent God, and His Spirit that Unites us sees and knows our hearts.

What if I'm not the only one He wants calling out to Him on a regular basis? What if He wants you?

So here's what I'm committing to do. Every Saturday until the end of the year (and probably longer, but I needed a time frame) I will be seeking God for revival in my own heart, in the heart of my family, of my extended family, my church, my community, my state, my nation and ultimately our world for one hour in the morning before my boys wake up.

For me, this will be 6am-7am, and I would love to have as many of you join me as are willing! For some of you, this time may not work due to other commitments or work or family, etc. I understand, and so does God. But I encourage you to find a consistent time. Join with me. Join with others in ONE CRY for God's presence to be poured out once again.

LET IT BEGIN IN ME!

ps - please let me know if you will join me in this commitment and how you would like to stay in touch. I will try to post regular updates here, and maybe eventually start a conversational forum for whoever is interested. Blessings on you!

For More information, visit www.onecry.com

Pin It

1 comment: